Welcome To Fake Paradise!

This is the personal writing blog for Joana Hill, creative writing major extraordinaire! Here you'll find the random ramblings and occasional writings of a girl obsessed with gay romance and the yaoi manga FAKE. You've been warned.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Home for the summer

Joana is home for the summer. Wanna know what that means? Well originally it meant I was going to spend more time at home, get my writing done by hand and just relax. But circumstances changed and now I'd rather lurk around the library than stay at home where I could be verbally abused by an ornery old man who really and truly doesn't understand me or anything I do beyond when I don't make sure there's not a single speck of dirt on the floor or a single dirty dish in the sink.

I will proudly grow up to be a husbandless old crone if this is what it means to be a housewife, thank you very much.

On the bright side, I'll be going to PortCon this year. It's an anime convention held in Portland, this year three days starting June 25th. I'll be cosplaying as Lyra, the female protagonist from Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver because I wasn't enough of a geek already. I'll be sure to have pictures taken :P

I don't really have any writing to post on here right now. I started a sequel to Artistic License but I'm not sure how well it's going. I've tried to keep stories about Cameron and Michael lighthearted, but the sequel, one of the things it deals with is Michael finally getting treatment for his depression and my first attempt at handling that was, well, depressing. And made Cameron seem like a jerk. So I don't know if I'll keep going with that or just put it aside. I guess we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment