Welcome To Fake Paradise!

This is the personal writing blog for Joana Hill, creative writing major extraordinaire! Here you'll find the random ramblings and occasional writings of a girl obsessed with gay romance and the yaoi manga FAKE. You've been warned.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Mixed feelings

So I finally got the review from HarperCollins on Artistic License, and I have mixed feelings about it. It was just so... very negative, in a way. Like other reviews have all the things that the editor liked about the project and then, if you squint, you can see a small criticism. But mine had four good-sized paragraphs of what was wrong with my book and one saying they liked how I set up the school.

It's a confidence breaker in one way. But Meagan and Nita both pointed out that maybe it means that they actually care about seeing AL improve, which might be the case. I dunno. Before I got the review I was editing like mad but now it seems like the review made me come to a stop and actually think about being an awful writer.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment