Welcome To Fake Paradise!

This is the personal writing blog for Joana Hill, creative writing major extraordinaire! Here you'll find the random ramblings and occasional writings of a girl obsessed with gay romance and the yaoi manga FAKE. You've been warned.

Friday, June 4, 2010

I Aspire To Be Cliche

Well no, not really. But I've been pushing around ideas in my head, and I decided that since I'm done with the most recent edits to Artistic License, I needed to write something that was lighthearted. Something that could actually be labeled as a comedy (and dare I say, a romantic comedy? Why yes, I dare!). And the perfect candidate?

Well, I have this old novel idea. It was originally about a guy losing a bet to his best friend and having to dress like a girl for a few weeks at the restaurant they work. Now I can't say that I'd like to deal with the cross-dressing thing again, but the rest of the story can be salvaged (it was a NaNoWriMo project a few years ago). It was called A Boy By Any Other Name since they even gave the MC (Nathan) a name for his 'alter ego' (Natalie). Might have to rename the story, but other than that, I do believe I'd be ready to go!

Of course I still have to write and edit a query letter for Artistic License, since I want to have it out into the world starting on my birthday. August 13th! So I guess we'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment