Welcome To Fake Paradise!

This is the personal writing blog for Joana Hill, creative writing major extraordinaire! Here you'll find the random ramblings and occasional writings of a girl obsessed with gay romance and the yaoi manga FAKE. You've been warned.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Where My Life Is Going

I realized something Saturday after my mother told me a very interesting piece of information.  That interesting piece of information was that a former friend of mine and her boyfriend had gone into the town office, where my mother works, to get a marriage license.  Now I don’t really give a crap about this former friend because she’s just that: a former friend.  We stopped talking years ago and she’s never made the attempt to get back in touch with me.  But when it comes down to it, the story behind why Becka and I aren’t friends anymore is a whole different story.

Anyway, what it made me realize is this: I’m growing up.  The people that I went to school with are getting jobs, getting married.  Hell, I’ll even be twenty in a little over a month from now.  The difference between me and Becka?  Whereas she’s apparently ready to settle down with a husband and be content with her life, I’m not.  I haven’t had a boyfriend since my junior year of high school.  In August, I’ll be submitting my query letter to agents all over the US and hope that maybe, just maybe, I’ll be able to make it big and live my life like I want: make my money off writing, and probably live alone in an apartment with high-speed internet and the latest copy of MSWord to keep me company.

What does that mean for me?

Well, when I graduated and they wrote up the “class prophecy” with where they thought everyone would be in ten years, they said I’d be a housewife who had made a name for myself writing children’s picture books.  I guess, at this point, I’m determined to prove them wrong :)

No comments:

Post a Comment