Welcome To Fake Paradise!

This is the personal writing blog for Joana Hill, creative writing major extraordinaire! Here you'll find the random ramblings and occasional writings of a girl obsessed with gay romance and the yaoi manga FAKE. You've been warned.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Fortissimo drabble 15

Fortissimo drabble 15

I finally approached Mr. Kais on October fifteenth. Aurora had field hockey practice, and Mr. Kais pulled an uncharacteristic move by staying after school instead of heading right to his music store. So instead of watching the girls run up and down the field, whacking each other with their sticks, I headed for the choir room.

Ritchie was in there playing the piano. Mr. Kais was sitting on the hardwood floor. He had a ton of paperwork spread before him, but instead of writing, he just sat there, his eyes closed. Ritchie stopped playing for a split second as he looked back at me. This was enough to make Mr. Kais look up.

“Forget something, Keith?” he said. I shook my head, and he un-hunched as I walked over to him.

“Could I talk to you for a minute?”

Ritchie suddenly stood up. “I have to get going; I was supposed to be over at Lydia’s daycare by now.” He gave us a smile as he left, leaving the piano covered in sheet music from choir and honor choir.

I looked over to Mr. Kais. He seemed to be debating whether to stand up or not. “Mr. Kais, are you two…”

He took his glasses off and pinched the bridge of his nose. “That’s not why you came here, is it?”

“No.” I had been thinking about how to word it since I heard him saying that morning that he’d be staying later than usual. “I… like this guy, and my friend says he doesn’t even know I’m gay. She says I need to be officially out.” I could hear the quotation marks in my own voice at those last two words. “And well, you know I’m gay, as well as everyone who was in the GSA last year.”

Mr. Kais put his glasses back on, his eyes showing his concern. “Is that what you want?”

“I do really like Rin,” I said, only realizing I said his name after the fact. I ducked my head, trying not to blush. When I looked up, though, Mr. Kais was smiling.

“You could be after much worse guys,” he said.

I smiled and ducked my head again. “Yeah.”

No comments:

Post a Comment