Welcome To Fake Paradise!

This is the personal writing blog for Joana Hill, creative writing major extraordinaire! Here you'll find the random ramblings and occasional writings of a girl obsessed with gay romance and the yaoi manga FAKE. You've been warned.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Fortissimo drabble 17

“What happened to your boyfriend?” a voice asked. I was sitting in the middle of the field hockey field, just staring up at the slate-grey sky. The season, my final high school sports season, was over, and I was feeling kind of sad.

I looked up to see it was Terry, the field hockey team manager. It wasn’t even below freezing but he was bundled up in a long, fleece coat, knit hat and flannel scar. He had his hands stuffed in his pockets, so I couldn’t tell if he was wearing gloves.

“No boyfriend. Aurora Monroe is a free spirit,” I said. I laid back on the grass, only slightly shivering because it had frosted-over the last few days.

“He broke up with you?”

I sat up and stared at Terry, making it clear that I had no idea who he was talking about.

“That guy, Keith. I thought you two were together.”

“Oh! No. Never. He’s incredibly gay.”

Terry smiled at that, and he actually sat down beside me on the grass. “Sorry it didn’t work out.”

“It worked out for Keith, in the end,” I said. I glanced over to the path that lead from the school to the various sports fields. Rin and Keith were supposed to be meeting me, actually, but I didn’t see either of them. “Hey. You feel like going out for smoothies?”

Terry looked so incredibly surprised at the suggestion, and then he sat up. “You sure?” he said in a voice like I had just asked him to elope with me in Vegas.

I patted him on the back and said, “It’s just smoothies, dude.”

No comments:

Post a Comment