Welcome To Fake Paradise!

This is the personal writing blog for Joana Hill, creative writing major extraordinaire! Here you'll find the random ramblings and occasional writings of a girl obsessed with gay romance and the yaoi manga FAKE. You've been warned.

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Fortissimo drabble 20

And here's the final drabble for Fortissimo. NaNoWriMo starts in three and a half hours for me, so I'll be writing for the actual novel! Hope all of you reading this have fun with NaNo, and I'll be keeping this blog updated on my progress :)

Drabble 20

Gus stayed with me the night after the first day of school. I’d only known him about a year, but I never argued and neither did my father. If there was one obvious thing about Gus, it was that he wasn’t interested in sex.

“Noelle, can we go see Rin?” Gus asked as he flopped over on my bed. He was already dressed for bed, but I wouldn’t put it past him to run across the street in his oversized footie pajamas. He got up, too, but I stopped him.

“I’ll call him and see if he wants to come over,” I said. Gus fell back over with no protest.

“Yeah?”

I rose my eyebrows and stared at the phone. Rin sounded out of breath, and there was a lot of shuffling going on.

“Rin, were you… busy?” I asked, feeling kind of awkward.

There was a long silence before Rin said, “I’d rather not talk about it.”

“If you were… releasing some tension, I can call back later,” I said quickly.

There was a long silence.

“I don’t think I can look you in the eye right now, anyway,” he said, and hung up.

“Is Rin coming over?” Gus asked as he bounced on my bed.

“He’s busy.”

“That’s Mom’s word for when she’s having sex,” he said.

I clamped my mouth shut. Gus knew about sex, but masturbation seemed like it was going too far. So I clapped my hands together and said, “Let’s watch a movie!”

No comments:

Post a Comment