Welcome To Fake Paradise!

This is the personal writing blog for Joana Hill, creative writing major extraordinaire! Here you'll find the random ramblings and occasional writings of a girl obsessed with gay romance and the yaoi manga FAKE. You've been warned.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

50k and beyond

Fortissimo officially hit 50k on the eighteenth, but I'm still going strong. My actual goal for NaNo is 65k, which is more on-par with how long a YA novel (or at least a YA general fiction novel) is.

I know I have a lot of editing before me. Fortissimo isn't completely unsalvagable, but there are places in it that are just a mess. But you know what? I'm fine with that. I wanted to tell this story and I did. Besides, with a month of Christmas vacation before me in December/January, all I'll really have to do is write and edit.

So I guess what I have before me is editing both Fortissimo and Artistic License. I'm not sure what I want to do with Fortissimo at this point. Given the popularity of shows like Glee, maybe it has a chance of making it. Of course, who knows if Glee will even still be going strong when I feel ready to put Fortissimo out there.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on hitting 50k! are you done yet or still working on the first draft? I've finished my first draft for this year, but am leaving it alone for a while before even thinking about editing. ;)

    ReplyDelete