Welcome To Fake Paradise!

This is the personal writing blog for Joana Hill, creative writing major extraordinaire! Here you'll find the random ramblings and occasional writings of a girl obsessed with gay romance and the yaoi manga FAKE. You've been warned.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Progress Wednesday

Reading

I read three books over the last week, which has to be a record for me lately. I don't get much reading done at school that's not for class. The three books I read were The Forest of Hands and Teeth, The Lying Game and Along For The Ride, again, all on my To-Read List.

I got The Lying Game back in early December and have just been putting it off in favor of one thing or another, and I'm glad I finally got to read it. It's by Sara Shephard, the same woman who wrote the Pretty Little Liars series. I've never read that one, but The Lying Game was pretty good and I'll definitely be looking out for the second book in the series, which comes out sometime this year.

The Forest of Hands and Teeth was also interesting. At its essence it's a zombie novel; the things known as the Unconsecrated are zombies, but there's so much more to the story. Of course, I don't normally read things like this, so I'm not sure how typical this is of the genre. Still, the author has another book out and I'll definitely look for it.

And of course, Along for the Ride is a Sarah Dessen novel. She's one of my favorite authors; I've read all but, I think, one novel by her. I've really gotten into writing gay romance in the last few years so I can't imagine myself writing stories like hers anymore, but they still inspire me. And of course, what author doesn't wish for her kind of success?

Writing

Not much new to say about my writing. I'm still writing for Nowhere Fast while editing Artistic License for ABNA. It's going as well as can be expected, but the closer ABNA gets to opening for entries, the more nervous I am. I have, of course, sent out queries and such before, but those were all rejections without even one request for a partial. I've edited AL a lot since then, but me being nervous is... understandable, right?

Ah well. That's all for now. Until next time.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Joana. ^^ I just wanted you to know that I've given you a few awards.
    http://brookerbusse.blogspot.com/2011/01/awards.html
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, it's been a long time! I hope you remember me! It's good to hear that you're doing good in light of these awards right here that you have gotten.

    ReplyDelete