Welcome To Fake Paradise!

This is the personal writing blog for Joana Hill, creative writing major extraordinaire! Here you'll find the random ramblings and occasional writings of a girl obsessed with gay romance and the yaoi manga FAKE. You've been warned.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Progress Wednesday, February 2nd

So I haven't gotten any editing done on Artistic License since I entered it into ABNA. Oddly, I'm okay with that. Unless the categories close early, there's four days left for the contest. If I get to it, I will. If I don't, I guess we'll see how it goes.

Nowhere Fast is at almost 30k now, and the rough draft is probably close to finished. I'm hoping to have at least 50k on it, though if I don't hit that the first time around, there's always editing. Once ABNA closes and I don't have the freedom to edit AL, I was thinking I'd finally get on Fortissimo, which has been lying, untouched, on my hard drive since I finished it in early December. I guess we'll see.

I also have my next novel idea, which I'll start seriously working on when Nowhere Fast is finished. It's kind of paranormal-ish, but not with creatures of the night and such; the main character is a guy who can see aura colors, with a boyfriend who sticks by him because he has a shitty life and only the MC seems to see that (quite literally; aura colors and all). That's about all I have, since it's base on a little snippet I wrote for a contest that my friends said they'd like to see me expand on :)

Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. I think you've got a stylish blog :)
    http://thewriters-corner.blogspot.com/2011/02/awards-are-nice.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I entered ABNA too. Good luck with your submission! :D I'm still working on my novel I submitted. Editing to whittle the word count...gahhh. Can't wait till I reach my word count goal!

    ReplyDelete