Welcome To Fake Paradise!

This is the personal writing blog for Joana Hill, creative writing major extraordinaire! Here you'll find the random ramblings and occasional writings of a girl obsessed with gay romance and the yaoi manga FAKE. You've been warned.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

ABNA excerpts I like 1- Katie Clark is Special Ed

Katie Clark is Special Ed by Nicole Panteleakos is the story of ten-year-old Katie who has relatively high-functioning autism. What I found special about this story as opposed to other books I've read about autistic kids is that despite Katie's eccentricities (and she certainly throws a lot of fits!) she was a very clever narrator and the excerpt left me wanting more. The writing itself is also technically good, not once bringing out the formatting nazi in me. This excerpt certainly doesn't need more promotion; as you can see, it has tons of great reviews. I have a feeling that this will go far, and quite honestly, I wouldn't mind losing to it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment