Welcome To Fake Paradise!

This is the personal writing blog for Joana Hill, creative writing major extraordinaire! Here you'll find the random ramblings and occasional writings of a girl obsessed with gay romance and the yaoi manga FAKE. You've been warned.

Monday, April 4, 2011

ABNA excerpts I like 2- Twice Shy

Twice Shy by Patrick Freivald is a zombie novel meets a high school novel. The backdrop is a world that was hit hard by a zombie virus but has gotten past it. The main character, Ani, is living with the disease while her former scientist mother tries to keep her alive and keep it a secret from everyone else. With all the supernatural books about vampires and werewolves, a zombie novel, while not exactly an entirely new thing, is refreshing, and Freivald's take on zombies themselves is an interesting one that looks like it could be going places. The writing itself is a bit choppy at the start, but it didn't detract from my interest in the story.

3 comments:

  1. Hmm... that sounds interesting. How would she live like that? The zombies must be a little off from traditional.

    Love the new colors and background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this is a long bit of Threadomancy, but I just wanted to let you know that Twice Shy will be released this September from JournalStone publishing. I just saw the cover art, and I love it.

    -Patrick

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this is a long bit of Threadomancy, but I just wanted to let you know that Twice Shy will be released this September from JournalStone publishing. I just saw the cover art, and I love it.

    -Patrick

    ReplyDelete