Welcome To Fake Paradise!

This is the personal writing blog for Joana Hill, creative writing major extraordinaire! Here you'll find the random ramblings and occasional writings of a girl obsessed with gay romance and the yaoi manga FAKE. You've been warned.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Word Wednesday 6: Farabout

Farabout is a word I hadn't actually heard before; I was looking for ones to use and stumbled across it on dictionary.com. There's not much on its entry. Even Google Chrome's spell check doesn't think it's a real word! However, a farabout is another word for digression, or for going out of your way. So you can basically use it the same way. It just isn't also a verb, like if you were to say "But I digress." The more you know!

3 comments:

  1. Cute word. So you would say "I went farabout"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Farabout = sounds like a cool name for a blog! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe I've actually heard of this before so it isn't too far out there.

    ReplyDelete